At Just Eat Takeaway.com, we believe in doing business responsibly and in having a positive impact on our communities and the planet. We know that the environmental and social footprint of our business goes far beyond our own operations and that we have an unparalleled opportunity to influence others across the dynamic and diverse takeaway industry.
Strategic responsible business framework
We have created a framework that covers our direct and indirect impacts and highlights key areas of focus, including minimising our environmental footprint, responding to changing customer diets and preferences and building our profile as a responsible employer.
Key areas of focus
We have selected our priority areas based on where we have the most significant impact and the biggest opportunity and scale to act:
- Planet: We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint. With a core product which is a website and app, our direct carbon footprint is relatively low for a business of our scale. However, we are acutely aware of our wider, indirect impacts – for example emissions created by food production and food delivery – and our responsibility for addressing these. Our main focuses are therefore, electrifying our fleet, reducing the environmental impact of our office operations and reducing plastic food packaging across our partner restaurants.
- Food: We are responding to changing diets and preferences by offering the broadest possible choice and providing clear and transparent information for our customers. Whether they are looking for new cuisines or healthier or more sustainable choices, we empower people to make the choice that is right for them. Additionally, we are investigating and tackling the causes of food waste among our customers and restaurant partners.
- People & Society: We are improving our social footprint by creating rewarding employment opportunities - from couriers and customer service roles to technology and other head office jobs. We are strengthening our commitment to building a fairer and more inclusive workplace and supporting the local communities in which we operate.
The pillars are underpinned by three enablers:
- Harnessing the reach of our partners to deliver change: Working alongside our restaurant partners, supporting and incentivising them to act is key to driving change and sustainable growth across the wider food delivery sector.
- Using our tech for good: Bringing our commitments to life for consumers and restaurant partners through the user experience.
- The fundamental principles of being a responsible business: for example, paying our fair share of tax, looking after our customers’ data and operating with a high standard of corporate governance.