Takeaway.com N.V. (AMS: TKWY), hereinafter the “company”, or together with its group companies “Takeaway.com”, the leading online food delivery marketplace in Continental Europe, hereby issues an order update for the first quarter of 2017.
“In the first quarter of 2017, Takeaway.com continued to deliver on its growth strategy. The company further strengthened its market positions in all leading markets. Given the success of our strategy, we are determined to accelerate the investments in both marketing and our restaurant delivery services Scoober in order to grow as fast as possible.”
2) The acquisition of the Netherlands' activities of Just Eat Benelux has been included from August 2016
3) Other comprises Belgium, Austria, Poland, Switzerland, France, United Kingdom, Luxembourg and Portugal
• Takeaway.com processed 15.8 million orders in Q1 2017, representing a 47% increase compared with Q1 2016. The growth rate in the first quarter of 2017 underpins the effectiveness of our investments in sustainable growth to maintain and expand our leading market positions.
• Orders via our restaurant delivery services, internally branded as Scoober, amounted to 1.1% of total orders in Q1 2017, versus 0.1% of orders in Q1 2016. The growth of this service has been faster than anticipated. Takeaway.com will further invest in Scoober as management is confident that its restaurant delivery roll-out will be beneficial to the network effects.
• Following the higher than expected growth of Scoober, also in the Netherlands, we amend the medium term objective for the Netherlands from “Netherlands EBITDA margin to continue to increase” to “Netherlands EBITDA to continue to increase”.
• The Belgian and German operations of Resto-In have been fully integrated in January 2017, further strengthening our presence and offering in several cities.
• In February 2017, Takeaway.com introduced its new branding campaign, which builds upon the slogan “Time for Takeaway.com” emphasizing the valuable little moments in people's lives and focused on the variety of food its platform offers. It currently runs in all five Leading Markets and Switzerland.
• In Belgium, our brand name has been changed from Pizza.be to Takeaway.com to reflect the broad variety of dishes that can be ordered via our platform. The name change had no effect on orders.
In accordance with previous trading updates, the company provides further insight in its Benelux operations by providing alternative segmentation.