- The £1 million support fund is for independent Restaurant Partners facing financial challenges following inflation and food shortages in the UK
- The package strengthens Just Eat's commitment to support restaurants through increasingly challenging economic conditions.
Just Eat has today announced the launch of a £1 million financial support package for its small, independent Restaurant Partners, designed to help businesses as they navigate rising inflation. The package, named “Just Eat’s Inflation Support Package”, is now available for eligible independent Restaurant Partners across the UK.
Inflation and continuing food shortages are further contributing to increasingly challenging economic conditions for small independent food businesses to operate in, especially as Brits tighten their purse strings.
The £1 million fund includes a consolidated package of measures offering marketing and financial support for its Restaurant Partners to access. The package can be used for additional advertising, to help boost orders or to provide financial support on the Just Eat platform.
- Access to fast funding with flexible repayments, via embedded finance provider, YouLend,* with whom Just Eat has partnered to deliver financing at market leading terms. This will provide restaurants with support towards helping with cash flow or investing in growth, purchasing new equipment, recruiting more staff or leasing a new site.
- Working with partner Booker to offer all Just Eat Restaurant Partners cashback on their supply purchases, for example a spend of £500 a week earns 5 percent cashback for restaurants. Just Eat was able to give a whopping £9.3 million cashback to restaurants last year through this partnership.
- Provision of 1000 discounted pedal bikes to restaurants who make their own deliveries to provide a cheaper alternative to fuel deliveries.
Just Eat is only successful if our Restaurant Partners are successful. Our Restaurant Partners are facing an increasingly tough economic climate - Brexit has reduced the supply of staff and delivery drivers, multiple Covid lockdowns forced the closure of dine-in businesses, and inflation has now put upward pressure on prices, as well as on customers' wallets. Supporting our independent Restaurant Partners is a key priority for us. We hope that this financial package will provide them with the support they need during what is a challenging time for them to operate.Andrew Kenny, UK Managing Director at Just Eat
Supporting businesses through uncertain times is core to YouLend's mission. Flexible financing can help restaurants stabilise their cash flow, freeing up time to focus on the challenges and opportunities ahead. We are therefore pleased to partner with Just Eat to support their Restaurant PartnersJakob Pethick, Chief Commercial Officer at YouLend